This consent form is to inform you of the guidelines to our group telehealth sessions and obtain your written consent to participate in this group session via a telehealth platform.
Please note: This Telehealth Consent Form is for THS Client use only.
- You understand that there are benefits and risks of group services being conducted via telehealth (e.g. limits to patient confidentiality) that differ from in-person group sessions.
- You understand that confidentiality still applies for telehealth services. Sessions will not be recorded unless permission is acquired from other participants.
- You will be utilizing an audio and visual platform for your group telehealth session, via WebEx. WebEx is a HIPAA compliant telehealth platform.
- Guidelines in preparation for the group telehealth session:
- You will need to utilize a webcam or smartphone during the group session.
- You will need to be in a space free of distractions, where you are alone and can speak freely.
- You will wear appropriate clothing commensurate with attending a group in person.
- You will ensure you are utilizing a secure internet connection, rather than public or free Wi-Fi. Wearing headphones or keeping the volume on low can prevent sound from travelling.
- It is important to be on time. If you need to cancel or are unable to attend the group telehealth session, you must notify the clinician in advance via phone.
- All patients have the right to be treated with respect, dignity, and privacy at all times, including while receiving services via a telehealth platform.
By signing below, you consent to the use of a telehealth platform to attend and participate in group telehealth sessions with Therapeutic Health Services and agree to the guidelines above.